Thursday, April 24, 2008

You Know This - Teddy Rrrr*uxpin


When I was a kid I had a Teddy Ruxpin doll. TR was an animatronic talking bear that would move his mouth and eyes as he read stories through the cassette tape built into his back. He was the best of the best in the stuffed animal world.

One night, I was lying on the couch at a friend's house, trying to fall asleep to the soothing sound of Teddy's voice. Being the curious little girl that I was, I decided that I needed to know what would happen if I touched his eye when he blinked...his eyeball fell into his head! Talk about devastating!

In order to fix the problem (since I wanted nothing to do with one-eyed-teddy) my mom gave him an eye patch. Since I have no pictures to share this memory with you, I decided to use my trusty microsoft paint to relay the awesomeness of my Teddy Ruxpin doll.

4 Comments:

Blogger nat said...

Oh I remember those days of the TR...how I loved him so...Brandon always thought it was his and I always thought he was mine...oh, the good ole days!!!

Thursday, April 24, 2008

 
Blogger Julie Hibbard said...

Hilarious!!
Allison's brother had Teddy too.
No patch.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

 
Blogger Allison said...

Tears streaming down my face laughing at this MS Paint beauty...

Thursday, April 24, 2008

 
Blogger Krista said...

My favorite TR memory is that when the tapes were played in a regular tape player, there was a humming sound coming out of one speaker that was so loud, you couldn't hear the story over the hum!

Friday, April 25, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home