Wednesday, September 10, 2008

You Know This - Missing My Friends

Today I have been having a really hard time dealing with the fact that three of my good friends have moved away over the last few months. Within the first 20 minutes of work I had already cried 5 times. It's not that they are gone - I'm really good at keeping friends who live far away. It's not that I am alone - I still have tons of really great people all around me. It is simply the fact that life was so much easier with them here. I didn't have to try at being their friend. I didn't have to explain myself. I didn't have to put on a happy face at all times. I didn't have to do anything but just be in their presence.

And now I am in a different stage of life. Now I have to put forth some effort toward building new friendships. I am very excited to see what God is going to do in this stage of life, but to be completely honest, I am also very terrified.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home