Wednesday, March 4, 2009

You Know This - So Sweet, But Not Quite

When I was a little girl, I put my plastic diamond ring that I had won out of a toy vending machine in the offering basket. At the time my thought process was, "I love this ring, but Jesus asks me to give up my posessions, so I will give it to Him." That afternoon, my dad (who counts the offering after service) came home and gave me the ring. He explained that someone put it in the offering, but the church wasn't able to use it so they said I could have it. I was so excited that Jesus gave me my ring back! Still to this day I don't think my dad knows that it was my ring to start with. In fact, now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever told anyone this story.

Anyway, this story came to mind the other day when I went to count our offering for Wildside and found these fun items...




I absolutely love that our students not only understand but also practice the importance of offering. But I also love how amusing jr highers can be!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My favorite post EVER on your blog. Awesome story! JG

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home