Friday, March 21, 2008

You Know This - (Not So) Good Friday

I've never really understood why they call it Good Friday. Today marks the day that Jesus was mocked, beaten, persecuted, and killed. What an awful day!

But on the other hand, today marks the day that Jesus opened the door for us to live eternally with Him. He sent out the invitation for us to be a part of His family. He paid the price for all of our sins. He gave us the gift of knowing God fully. All that tragedy helped set the scene for the greatest miracle of all time. It symbolizes that no amount of pain or anguish can outdo God's grace and love for us. And that sounds pretty good to me.

I'm still not sure if I agree with calling it Good Friday, but I am very grateful for the significance of today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home