Thursday, March 13, 2008

You Know This - Confusing Buffalo

This post is in honor of one of my favorite people: Kyle Long...


I hope this is as confusing to you as it is to me...

"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo" is a grammatically correct sentence used as an example of how homonyms and homophones can be used to create complicated constructs.

So, all that to say, the sentence
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo"
is the same as saying
"Bison from Buffalo, New York who are intimidated by other bison in their community also happen to intimidate other bison in their community".

Confused? Me too!

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

This makes me want to marry the English language...

Thursday, March 13, 2008

 
Blogger TSHarrison said...

This is absolutely incredible!

I'm going to work this into eight conversations each day, for the next eight days.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home