Saturday, February 23, 2008

You Know This - Cowboys Hugging


On Thursday night I drove out to The Roadhouse Grill in Temecula to meet up with my family for my oldest sister's (Sarah) birthday. Like most family events, I ended up sitting next to the children...mostly by choice.


So my 5-year-old nephew Cameron looked out the window and saw a bunch of coyboys standing outside. (At this point in the story I would like to reiterate that we were in Temecula. Cowboys run rampant out there.)


Sure enough, there were about 15 guys in cowboy hats, wranglers, boots and big-old belt buckles. They were huddled in a group just smoking and hugging each other. I'm pretty sure that they had just exited the bar area for a quick smoke break.


Anyway, Sarah and Bill and I start making all sorts of comments - talking about Rodeos, Texas, my ex-boyfriend from Texas, and of course, Brokeback Mountain. In the middle of our conversation we hear in a raspy voice little Cameron sing, Cowboys Hugging.


Man, I wish everyone could hear his song! It was perfect! In fact, the producers of Brokeback should have put it in their movie. (I would have said if they make a sequel they should use the song, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen...RIP Heath)

2 Comments:

Blogger TSHarrison said...

Being a current Texan I think I take offense that you could arbitrarily link cowboys, Texas, rodeos and Brokeback Mountain.
True Dallas is the home of the Cowboys, but so is Oklahoma State.
Also I believe the two men in Brokeback Mountain were first off in Wyoming and weren't technically cowboys. They were sheep herders.
And I believe you're favorite friends the Jonas Brothers were recently here at the San Antonio Rodeo.
Not sure what all that means, but when making insinuations please be careful. Because honestly even smoking cowboys need a hug every now and then.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

 
Blogger MamaSue said...

ts, when Bee says the cowboys were smoking, what she actually means is they were SMOKIN'!

Saturday, February 23, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home