Tuesday, May 27, 2008

You Know This - Life Verse

I have had several so called "life verses" over the years. Verses such as Galatians 6:9, 1 Timothy 4:12, and of course Jeremiah 29:11. I tend to go through life verses every few years, but this one specific verse has stuck with me for a while now. It may be because I have leveled out the kind of person I am. It may be because I have been going through similar life experiences over and over again. It may be because this verse applies to every stage of life, no matter what I am going through. Any which way, I have found this verse very important - weather I am in need of advice, seeking out advice, or giving advice. 


And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ. Philippians 1:9-10


With C-Group wrapping up next week, I've been thinking a lot about this verse and what it means for my girls. As they round up their 7th grade year, they have learned so much about making their own decisions. They have faced battles in their friendships, in their schools, and in their homes. Knowing that there is only so much I can do to guide them, this verse has become my prayer for these girls. I just pray that they gain the knowledge and insight needed to discern what is best so that they can be pure and blameless.

1 Comments:

Blogger stearnzie said...

Your C group girls are lucky to have you!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home