Thursday, December 11, 2008

You Know This - It's a Small World After All

Have you ever had one of those "small world" experiences? I had one just the other day! I was hanging out with one of my jr. high students' mothers and, as we got to talking, we realized that we had more in common than being loud and spunky. Here's how the conversation went down...

Me: Well, I'm just a little more cautious cause I grew up in Riverside.
Her: I grew up in Riverside!
Me: Really?! What part?
Her: Canyon Crest...
Me: I grew up in Canyon Crest! What high school did you go to?
Her: Poly.
Me: Shut up! I went to Poly!
Her: (screaming)
Me: What church did you go to?
Her: My dad's church. It was called Victoria Community...
Me: Shut up! I went to VCC! Who's your dad?
Her: Pastor Henley...
Me: SHUT UP! I totally know your dad! Do you remember Randy and Sue Johnson?
Her: OH MY GOODNESS! You are little Bethany Johnson! I knew you when you were like 3 years old!

So, for those of you who know, I was hanging out with Vicki Henley...now known as Vicki Phillips!


So crazy, but so fun!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Torres said...

I LOVE "small world afterall" experiences...so fun!

Thursday, December 11, 2008

 
Blogger Tim said...

No effing way... Vicki Henley/Phillips!!! We fought in NAM together!!!

Thursday, December 11, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cracks me up that you would see pastor Henley's daughter! Now for all of us at vcc world, that is a small world!

Liz

Friday, December 12, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home