Monday, December 24, 2007

You Know This - Pickle Ornament

So, this Christmas Dominik, the German intern, is coming home with me to Riverside. My family members (who are all minorly ridiculous) are so excited to share Christmas with him that they went searching for some German traditions to help Dom feel at home. So my sister Krista called me up and said she was so excited because she found a pickle ornament...excuse me?! Apparently this is a German tradition. Here's the legend...

"A pickle used as an ornament on the Christmas tree seems odd at first, but this is an old German tradition. When decorating the Christmas tree, it was a practice to hang the pickle ornament last, hidden among the twigs. The first child on Christmas Eve to find the Christmas pickle ornament would receive an extra gift."
Crazy? Perhaps. But I'm sure Dom will appreciate it! Thank you family for being so great!

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Your family is darling...very cute of them! Take a pickle picture!

Monday, December 24, 2007

 
Blogger lovemyguys said...

THe best part was that he had NO IDEA what the pickle was!!! Awsome!

Saturday, January 05, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home