Sunday, March 23, 2008

You Know This - Ghost of Easter Past

Here are a few memories that I miss from Easter in the past...

Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt
My mom would put clues in our Easter eggs along with the candy. So we would actually use the clues to go around the house, search for the next clue, and eventually find our Easter baskets.

Easter Pictures
My mom would have my two sisters and I go in the backyard and take our picture. Without fail, the wind would blow and our Easter bonnets would go flying off our heads. And for one reason or another, I was always crying in these pictures.

Ribbon Dances
You could always count on a good ribbon dance during the Easter musical at VCC. Nothing says, "He is Risen" like a ribbon on a stick twirled in the air by a girl in a leotard.

Being an Extra in the Easter Musical
All of the children of the actual cast in the Easter musical got to play extras. My favorite (which now seems mighty blasphemous) was when we would shake our fists in the air and sing, "Barabbas, Barabbas, release to us Barabbas."

Joe Pratt
For some odd reason, my sisters and I believed that our neighbor, Joe Pratt, was the Easter bunny. Your guess is as good as mine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Josh Treece said...

I was never a fan of the Easter pictures. Although, I never had a bonnet...

Monday, March 24, 2008

 
Blogger Allison said...

Hilarious that you thought your neighbor was the Easter Bunny! We had a neighbor whose house was colored pastel and stripes...we ALWAYS said the Easter Bunny lived there!

Monday, March 24, 2008

 
Blogger MamaSue said...

Here's the background: Melissa Pratte told Sarah, "There's no such thing as the tooth fairy. My dad's the tooth fairy." Sarah was understandably confused and troubled, but she figured any grown man who purposefully installs a horn in his car which plays La Cucaracha and Camptown Races might indeed have wings and a tutu. When she next lost a tooth, and I forgot to do my fairy duty, I naturally blamed Joe. Surely *he* must have forgotten. After that, Joe ex facto became every fictious, whimsical, mythical visitor, from Santa to the leprechan to the Easter bunny. It certainly got me off the hook if one of my girls was disappointed in the leavings of any fabeled holiday folks. I just smiled and let Joe take the rap.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home